Monday, October 19, 2009

TOPIC 8 APPLICATIONS,TOOLS AND SERVICES


EXERCISE 8.1 THE 30 MINUTE WALK


Gee! I've just come back from an interesting walk around part of my property and who is waiting for me, our friendly wallaby and her joey. I 'm on 100 acres and no I didn't walk that! Only a very small section.


I followed the path through the semi tall grass that has been flatten by the passing of wallaby feet. Through into what was once the secret garden. My children when they were young would often play here and I take a moment to sit and contemplate the many hours they spent with their dolls and other toys playing under the shade of the weeping fig tree.


While I've been contemplating and lost in my own thoughts the bird sounds have returned, I can hear the tweeting of small fairy wrens as it is the time of day when the larger predatory birds rest. Time to move on.


As a walk further my senses are overwhelmed by the sweet sickly smell of jasmine. The buzzing bees is loud but not loud enough to drown out the incessant sound of the cicada. They had ceased there noise when I first entered this area but now it is leave or be deafened.


I keep following the wallaby trail until I spot a small mob of the animals under the shade cast by the avocado tree, how peaceful they look. In the afternoon I know they will be around the house looking for bread scraps and the sweet freshly mowed lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment