Saturday, August 29, 2009

Etherpad Log

Wednesday 19th August first meeting of the green pod on Etherpad. Luckily for use we have a great team player who contacts us (4 members) and sets up meeting times etc. Wow! what an experience. Got onto the site and didn't know where to type. Tried the little window and my team members said they could see me and suggested I type in the larger of the two windows. It is weird typing down your ideas when someone else gets an idea and starts typing on top of you luckily the system sorts it all out. Having a colour to your self is a good idea I was initially wondering how they knew it was me until I noticed I was typing in a colour that was listed near my name (a real Homer Simpson moment here). What happened to the time 45 minutes later and we where corresponding like we had always used this method of communication.

Wednesday 26th August second meeting to have a go at the Wesnoth game. I won't be playing as I have not had the opportunity to download the game to my machine. I need access to fast broadband to load the game before I can use my limited capabilities at home. Watching the responses between the two players suggests it is a real learning experience. Can't wait to have a go.

Wednesday 2nd September got an invitation to a new Green Pod responded to it but I prefer to work with the original group. Not sure where this one is going. Was online tonight at 8.oopm just incase someone could help with the LC_MOO exercise but no one was there:(


No comments:

Post a Comment