Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's all about me :)

Hi fellow travellers in ITC510. My name is Lois and I am a teacher in a small rural school of 80 students in Lismore on the Far North Coast of NSW. I teach computing skills to the students from Years One to Six, I also teach science or HSIE to students in Years Five and Six and I'm the support teacher for learning difficulties. After schools on Mondays I organise the Active After Schools Community sporting program for 16 students. Currently the teacher of K/1 is on long service leave so I'm taking her class as well as doing my own duties with STLD and the 5/6 science lessons. My experience is on a windows platform and have no experience with online communities. In fact I'm feeling very overwhelmed by the whole idea of going on line and putting information out there. I watched a program on HackTV where they said nothing is private and once you put it on the web it is not really safe to hackers if they have the skill ;(.
My online learning record (OLR) will be structured along the line as suggested by Ken, where all of my work for this course will be available for comments by my colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment