Saturday, August 29, 2009

TOPIC 2 VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENTS AND COGNITION Exercise 2.3

EXERCISE 2.3 Create and record your online persona

Yes I do seem to be projecting the same type of avatar for all of my recent online activities. When offered the Personality at Second Life I chose who I thought looked a little like me in what they were wearing. My first choice was a male, Oops not suitable the second choice was a female but I'm not happy with her because of her clothes choice, It is not really me.


Any way I have named her, Lobby Erin (got given the surname no choice really had to choose from a given list) As this image is OK for now I'm going to use it and may even put it onto this Blog for fun just to show that I'm would use the same avatar across all of my social networks. I'm not going to have a sexy and a serious image just one who can represent me without being an actual photograph. I know you can turn the avatars into your self using a real photo so they have your features, you can in SIMS but that is not for me.
Tbola is not happy with the selection of avatars available. He states on Ask MetaFilter, "I'm hopelessly annoyed by Facebook and the self aggrandizing pictures people tend to use as their face to the world. So, I'd love to find a picture - that clearly isn't of me - that sums up the spirit of desperately trying to make oneself look cool/sexy/whatever."

No comments:

Post a Comment